Hyster Heavy Duty Forklifts – 16-18T
High capacity forklifts from Hyster capable of handling 16 to 18 tons
One step up from the 8-16 ton high capacity lifttruck is the Hyster H16-18XM(S) series heavy duty forklifts. This series is capable of lifting loads of 16 to 18 tons. Capacities higher than nominal are possible at load centers shorter than the regular 1200mm. This increases the load capacities at 900mm load center to 18,140 kg for the H16XM(S) and up to 20,140 for the H18XM(S). Please refer to the specification sheet for the European and US versions respectively for full capacity data.
In case you are looking for completely different load capacities, please take a look at our Hyster Heavy Duty Forklifts series 8-16 tons, 25-32 tons or 36-48 tons. You can find both new and used forklifts on this site. If you are not sure which forklift you need, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Multi-purpose fork system
The Hyster H16-18XM(S) high capacity lifttrucks are equipped with a multi-purpose fork system, with independent fork positioners, which means the forks can be moved individually. It also features a quick-disconnect system for use with multi-purpose hook-type forks.
Both the 16XM and the 18XM models feature the same 3.75m wheelbase and large 12.00 x 24 or 14.00 x 24 standard tyres, for improved tyre life and lower running costs. The forklifts also have a strong and wide AxleTech drive axle with oil-immersed (wet) disc brakes and a mid-high mounted cab for maximum visibility all around.
The following table lists the model numbers for North and South America (‘US’) and the rest of the world (‘European’).
Heavy duty forklift 16-18 tons
The models in this series have powerful Cummins QSB 6.7 diesel engines. The engine in the H16XM-12 and the H16XMS-12 delivers a maximum 147 kW (197 Hp) at 2000 rpm. It connects to the S.O.H. (Spicer Off-Highway) model TE13 3-speed powershift transmission. The H18XM-12 and H18XMS-12 engine delivers a maximum 172 kW (230 HP) at 1800 rpm. This engine is connected to the higher performance S.O.H. TE17 transmission.
The Hyster Heavy Duty Forklifts H16-18XM(S) series features the following standard equipment:
- Available with 3.75 m wheelbase, or 3.50 m wheelbase for the short versions (XMS).
- Air-conditioning, full-suspension seat, seat belt, reading light, extra air circulation fan.
- Powerful industrial diesel engine, with turbo and charge air cooler, conforms to stringent EC Tier 3 emissions regulation.
- Two-stage heavy-duty engine air filter, plus a maintenance-free cyclonic pre-cleaner, suitable for dusty operating environments.
- Ample cooling system capacity, suitable for tropical conditions.
- Aluminized steel anti-corrosive exhaust system.
- Autoshift transmission, with APC200 soft-shift system. The transmission also has a protective lock-out function on forward-reverse shifting.
- Engine and transmission protection, with initial power reduction and final shut-down.
- Oil-immersed (wet) disc brakes.
- Complete light kit and flashing beacon.
- Sideways tilting cab, with convenient push-button operation, for excellent service access.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to find out more about our offerings.